Carefully review the Candidate Handbook and detailed Eligibility Requirements before applying to become a candidate for the Certified Healthcare Internal Audit Professional™ (CHIAP™) designation.
CHIAP™ Eligibility Requirements
Education and Professional Work Experience
Applicants holding a Bachelor’s Degree must demonstrate at least 2 years of experience working in the internal audit profession within the prior 10 years and at least 2 years of experience working in a healthcare setting within the prior 5 years.
Applicants holding an Associate’s Degree must demonstrate at least 5 years of experience working in the internal audit profession within the prior 10 years and at least 2 years of experience working in a healthcare setting within the prior 5 years.
Applicants are required to submit completed and signed Employment Verification Forms during the Application Process, from any and all former employers needed to demonstrate the required experience. Degree or educational records are also required to be uploaded at the time of application. If the name on your degree is no longer your current legal name, a Name Change Form and proof of your legal name change must be uploaded at the time of application.
Code of Ethics
Applicants must attest that they will abide by the AHIA Code of Ethics
and agree to the Statement of Understanding.
A complete fee schedule and refund policy is available in the Candidate Handbook.
The cost to apply for and take the exam is:
- $495 for AHIA members
- $745 for non-members
*Become an AHIA Member and Save!
Save $30 by joining AHIA
prior to submitting the CHIAP™ candidate application:
Click here to learn more about whether you qualify for the Grandfathering Program Eligibility Requirements and the associated application process and fee.
How to Apply
- The AHIA annual individual membership fee ($220) plus the member rate for the Certification application and exam ($495) combined is $30 less than the non-member application rate alone, which is a total cost of $745.
- Your AHIA membership purchase must be completed in a seperate transaction prior to paying the application and exam fee.
- Click here to learn more about the benefits of AHIA membership.
1. Carefully review the Eligibility Requirements.
- 2. Have the required Forms completed and signed.
- 3. Utilize the Application Checklist to ensure you have everything you need before you start your application.
- 4. Click the Apply Now link below to pay the CHIAP™ application and exam fee.
- 5. After payment you will be provided with a link and directed into the AHIA Certification Management System to complete your application.
- 6. Use the instructions below to navigate the online application system.
- 7. You will be notified via email after your application has been reviewed with instructions to schedule your exam at a PSI testing center.
Watch a quick Tutorial on the Application System
View these step by step instructions on the Application System
Complaints and Appeals Processes
AHIA has established comprehensive complaints and appeals processes in an effort to provide fairness to all applicants, candidates and Certified Healthcare Internal Audit Professionals™ (CHIAP™). Click here
to view the complete policies in the Candidate Handbook.
If you require speical assistance to apply for the Certification Program, please contact AHIA Senior Education Administrator, Melanie Hein (email@example.com
or 1-847-686-2325) to inform us of your needs. Click here
for more information on available accommodations at PSI testing centers provided in the Candidate Handbook.
If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
or click here to view FAQs.
Before You Apply Pending Applicants CHIAP™ Certificants
Candidate Handbook Exam Preparation Recertification Process
Application Process My CHIAP™ Profile